Welcome to the RMIT InPlace Support Help site.
The main aim of this site is to provide users with useful information and resources to better assist them in the use of the InPlace WIL System to manage your WIL activities and Industry Partners.
We have a range of Quick Reference Guide training resources, information about WIL types and processes, guidelines for reporting, tips and tricks and an FAQ page.
What do we do?
The InPlace Support Team handles InPlace system access, training, discipline specific system customisation and configuration, system improvement and defect logging, system upgrades, project and simulated WIL collection and entry, WIL activity and industry engagement reports and helpdesk support for business users of InPlace (including staff and students).
What is the InPlace WIL System?
The InPlace WIL System supports Schools to source, manage and track their WIL activities and WIL related Industry engagement, monitor placement requirements and compliance and is designed to deliver an improved student and industry WIL experience.
The InPlace WIL system is specifically designed to manage the diverse needs of WIL activity management across different disciplines. The system takes staff and students through configurable workflows to arrange WIL activities and automates many manual processes. It includes:
– Allocation of students to WIL activities manually or automatically, based on best matches or preferences
– Posting WIL opportunities to students
– Approving WIL activities for students who find their own WIL
– Tracking and managing WIL activities, including dashboard reminders
– Communication with WIL students and industry partners
– Tracking placement requirements and WIL compliance
– Flexible reporting capabilities at the Course, Program, Discipline and School level
– Storing industry partner and WIL activity details in central system
If you require further assistance you can always contact the Connect Quality team: