How do I request for system access to InPlace?

To add a new user you will need to complete the InPlace User Access Request Form. Ensure that the correct authorisation is obtained. A new WIL Champion should obtain access from the Head of School. A new WIL Practitioner should obtain access from the WIL Champion or existing WIL Practitioner.

How long should it take for my access to be created?

Once you have submitted the InPlace Access Request Form, it can take up to two business days for the request to be completed. You will be notified via email with your access details.

How do I request training?

The new user form will ask you if you require training. If you are not a new user, you can send inplace.support@rmit.edu.au a training request email.

Do I automatically get access to my WIL Courses and Unit Offerings?

No. If you are a new user, you must request access to relevant WIL Courses and Unit Offerings through the InPlace User Access Request Form. If you are an existing InPlace user, you must request access each year. Please send an email to inplace.support@rmit.edu.au.

How do I manage placements?

WIL Practitioners and Champions in the schools are responsible for administrating allt WIL activity in InPlace. Refer to the Placement Quick Reference Guide.

How are projects and simulated WIL stored in InPlace?

If you require support in determining the most effective way to record WIL projects and simulations, please contact inplace.support@rmit.edu.au

What is an agency?

Agency is the InPlace term for an Industry Partner or External Organisation. An Agency is attached to one or multiple disciplines, but is viewable* by all disciplines. This is to help prevent the duplication of Agency records. For more information about Agencies in InPlace, please refer to our Agency Quick Reference Guide.

* Agency Personnel/contacts can only be accessed by staff from within the same shared discipline.

Do students use InPlace?

All students have access to InPlace automatically so that they can submit a self-placement, apply for opportunities, complete their agency preferences, or upload documentation. The Student Guide is available here.

How do I set-up Self Placement?

Each Unit Offering needs to have Self Placement flagged on at the unit offering level, as by default they are turned off. Follow the first set of instructions in the Self Placements Quick Reference Guide.

I cannot log into InPlace. Please help!

Please take a screenshot of the error and send it to inplace.support@rmit.edu.au along with the time that the error occurred, and we will endeavour to help.

An error is appearing when I am using InPlace, what should I do?

Include the steps that lead to this error, screenshots, along with the time the error occurred and email it to inplace.support@rmit.edu.au.

What if I want to make a change to the InPlace system?

Please send your request via email to inplace.support@rmit.edu.au

Where can I find which Disciplines/Unit Offerings I have access to?

You will be able to find this information under your account information. Click the second icon the left on the navigation bar.

This will open the ‘Staff’ page.

Click on the ‘Discipline’ tab to view your disciplines and campuses.

Click on the ‘Course Offering’ tab to view your Course Offerings

If you are missing any disciplines or unit offerings, please contact InPlace support at inplace.support@rmit.edu.au.

Why can’t I access the self-placement wizard?

If you are seeing the following ‘Self-placement Wizard’ button greyed out”

You will need to check to see if you have access to the relevant Unit Offering. If you need to be given access to a particular Unit Offering, please contact email inplace.support@rmit.edu.au.

How do I request a report?

You can send the request to inplace.support@rmit.edu.au, please include as much detail as possible. Alternatively, you can create reports yourself using the Query Tool in InPlace. For more information on this process, please refer to: InPlace Report Creation QRG